Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karnivor

Karnivors ultimate Aiptasia and pest killer

10 posts in this topic

Think it would do the job nicely, tho perhaps you could do with a "sighting" power setting as well rather than "full burn" or off.

Question, why couldn't you remove the equivilent from a regular dvd burner?

Chris

Think it would do the job nicely, tho perhaps you could do with a "sighting" power setting as well rather than "full burn" or off.

Question, why couldn't you remove the equivilent from a regular dvd burner?

Chris

I'm not sure TBH, i Think they are somewhat less powerful and possibly a longer wavelength.

Rather than sighting (which would be easy anyway), I was thinking more of providing a small open target about 1 cm in front of the laser, so you could sight up with that and then turn the laser on. You really need to get close to the aips before firing so you dont get loads of reflected spray from it. The idea is to place it inside a waterproof acrylic tube.

Sounds good, let me know when you've built one and I'll borrow it lol

Theres always one isnt there. :D

Next you would be suing me for blinding yourself :lol:

If you can get it to play another one bites the dust at the same time you might be onto a great marketing toy

Has anyone used a laser light to kill aips, a customer has just bought a 1 watt laser to have a go and i can see it working but not sure if 1 watt will be enough to do the job, its possible that higher watt laser may be good to control many pests including algae but at what wattage ?, anybody trying the idea make sure you also get the goggles.

The customer got a 1 watt laser but had little joy with it so got a much more powerful one ,not had any feed back to date so will see him when he comes in to find out how he got on.