Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest chriss

Christmas Frag Night - Tuesday 21st December 2010

73 posts in this topic

Can I ask how it works for bids with people you have there in person and people online? Do people locally get preference or do they all have to put their bid in and then X amount of people are chosen by the system at random as winners, is that right lol?

Those in the shop don't go thru the bid process, but don't panic, most are too busy chatting, they're are plenty of corals and I do keep some just for the on-liners.

Chris

Can I ask how it works for bids with people you have there in person and people online? Do people locally get preference or do they all have to put their bid in and then X amount of people are chosen by the system at random as winners, is that right lol?

1. You get to see the corals as opposed to a photo which doesn't do it justice

2. You get to put faces to names

3. You can ask advice etc etc

4. You get naff tea and coffee :D

5. You get to take part in a local raffle for aquatic and non aquatic related goodies (donated by reefers)

6. You get the choice pick of ginger nut biscuits :o , and finally

7. You get to take the mick out of Jason and Lindsay without any retaliation :D

Those in the shop don't go thru the bid process, but don't panic, most are too busy chatting, they're are plenty of corals and I do keep some just for the on-liners.

Chris

Hi just thought id ask for the lesser experienced of us reef keepers any chance of the names and type of corals we are bidding on in the listings ?

Hi just thought id ask for the lesser experienced of us reef keepers any chance of the names and type of corals we are bidding on in the listings ?

Can't really be specific in advance since I really don't know what is available, suffice to say there will be plenty of acropora's of all sorts, most likely some pocilipora, probably no montipora and some lps, in general, anything not bolted down! There is also the frag tank of bits available to top up your box.

Take a look thru the previous frag night threads to get an idea.

Chris

8 ish i think
Thanks mate, I should really read the other posts first.

Looking forward to this I lost a few acros whilst away on hols (forgot to get someone to refill the top-up) perfect excuse to buy loads more.

D

The thread will list the winners at the end of each coral and the frag will appear in your folder.

Good luck