• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

here are some sump designs that ive drawn over the years. feel free to add your own.

Attached Files

#2 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 04:39 PM

more

Attached Files

#3 pt1000

pt1000

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:37 PM

more

Hi Ben looking at your sump drawings, they all seem to be . RETURN ,SKIM ,DSB,OUTLET
Do you think this is the best way, my sump at the moment is RETURN ,DSB ,SKIM ,OUTLET.This was designed by my lfs when i got the whole set up from them.
I have just got a 850 deltec of chriss and looking to upgrade sump,it going to be 60in x24in 18in .
Just looking at getting some feedback from people that have been at this at lot longer than me.
many thanks
Paul

#4 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

the reason i go for the dsb/refugium after the skimmer is so more pods make it back to the tank without getting mashed by the skimmer. how effective this is compared to skimming after i dont know, but it seems to me more pod life will stay alive and get returned to the tank.

hope you can see what i mean

#5 pt1000

pt1000

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:28 PM

the reason i go for the dsb/refugium after the skimmer is so more pods make it back to the tank without getting mashed by the skimmer. how effective this is compared to skimming after i dont know, but it seems to me more pod life will stay alive and get returned to the tank.

hope you can see what i mean

that seems good to me ,thanks for that . need to change design sump now lol

#6 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:40 AM

post up some pics when your done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users