• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

after andy asked me if i'd like to pop down and visit the guys at blue reef it was an offer i couldnt refuse, so today i dragged the mrs along and we went for it , met andy and matt down there and they gave us a behind the scenes look at how things run it was a impressive setup to say the least i could see alot of influence from jason and lindsay in the main coral tank , matt has done a wicked job setting the system up, was intreeged they use sea water in all there systems , just found it amazing how they do there water changes straight from the sea!!! one of my fav tanks was the garden eel tanks thought those goes were great ive got to keep them at some some point, really enjoyed the afternoon there big thankyou to matt and andy for there hospitality. ive took a few pics the quality does not show up in these pics ,

this is the main coral tank the coral growth was really impressive the acro's and monti's are growing really fast may fav coral was the pink hsstrix, also they have a copperband in there that doesnt touch a single coral!!!
Posted Image

this was the main tunnel tank the choice of fish in here was unbelievable i couldnt believe how healthy and fat the fish looked they have a great feeding technique useing a long pole to insure all the fish get some food , my fave fish in this tank was the clown trigger , all the naso tangs and some amazing regals
Posted Image
Posted Image

i liked this soft coral tank as it had lots of shoaling fish in there and seemed to be a real busy tank with some beutifull anthias and a lovely purple tang
Posted Image
my last pic shows this fish only sytem for obvious reasons really cool selection of fish was interested to see the angels co exsisting peacefully together guess it must be the sheer size of the tank and territories, the tank had the biggest lamark's angel in it i'd ever seen.
Posted Image
i liked the fact that blue reef had so many fully grown fish there so reef keepers can actually see how big a lipstick or sailfin tang can actually get so when people visit there it should put them of trying to keep this type of fish in a 3x2x2

#2 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

I can't see any photos here Dylan, looking at your Photobucket account, you only have one photo in there.

#3 Social D

Social D

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:52 PM

Should have gone to spec savers .. Very good dylan pics show for me not the last one tho.
Been to blue reef a few times and was always impressed with the health of everything.

#4 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

Should have gone to spec savers .. Very good dylan pics show for me not the last one tho.
Been to blue reef a few times and was always impressed with the health of everything.

That was BEFORE I contacted Dylan to sort it out. :unsure:

#5 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

is the main coral tank the new one that matt has just set up. i dont remember seeing it last year

#6 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

is the main coral tank the new one that matt has just set up. i dont remember seeing it last year

yeh matt set it up dont think it's been runnin a year i think he got some mature corals from london aquarium and with the sea water the coraline formed in no time what so ever , i liked the effect the tunze wave box gave off even though it was a bit ugly , wouldnt mind his copperband dont trust any others!!!!!

#7 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

yeh matt set it up dont think it's been runnin a year i think he got some mature corals from london aquarium and with the sea water the coraline formed in no time what so ever , i liked the effect the tunze wave box gave off even though it was a bit ugly , wouldnt mind his copperband dont trust any others!!!!!

cant remember the name of this fish but i liked it!!!

Posted Image

#8 Matt

Matt

New Members

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

cant remember the name of this fish but i liked it!!!

Posted Image

Hi dylan
glad you enjoyed the visit! this is a blue lined snapper also known as a threadfin snapper a beautiful fish particularly when they get big - really bright gold and blue stripes - shame most people cant give them a large enough tank as the full grown size is 70 cm!
the new hard coral tank is my pride and joy - should look even better in another 6 months!
cheers
Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users