Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:14 PM

Here's a mugshot of Jason and Lyndsay.

Guess which one's which? :lol:

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:04 AM

Everyone has the right to be ugly, but those two are abusing their privilege! :lol: :o :lol: :lol:

#3 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:57 AM

8) so cool

#4 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:07 AM

Everyone has the right to be ugly, but those two are abusing their privilege!  :lol:  :o  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:

#5 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:14 AM

well said andrew :lol:

#6 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:48 PM

By the way, it's Jason's 40th birthday today.

Happy Birthday mate.

You are 40 today aren't you? :lol:

#7 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

No son im 43

#8 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:26 PM

No son im 43  

I knew you were old, I just didn't realise that you were THAT old. :o

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:31 PM

No son im 43  

Happy Birthday Jas (43 ouch!)

#10 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

did i say 43 ,sorry i ment 53 lol son lol

jas

#11 seph

seph

New Members

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:33 PM

redruth's answer to ronnie and reggie

#12 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#13 Nubbins

Nubbins

New Members

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:35 AM

good to see faces to the names ....now i know who to look for when i come break yer legs hehe just joking hehehe...

"i one day hope to get down to jas and linseys and have a buying sprey!"hehe...

#14 ostelot1

ostelot1

New Members

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

Hi All

I just wanted to introduce myself to this forum and group, I'm pleased that I found you as I'm new to reef keeping and its very easy to get swamped with info and websites offering the world.  This seems like a safe and friendly community!!

I live in S.W. Wales (with fiancée and 3 kids) and stumbled across this hobby through a friend. I went out and bought a RedSea Max 130d and i'm now hooked.  I've got some basic stuff in my tank but have limited space, so I'm looking for the BEST specimens and I seem to have found the right people in Jason and Lyndsey.

I joined the group today, this is my first post and I'm slowly reading through posts and topics as I'm learning so much from members of this group.  I hope you don't mind giving advice and answering the many questions that I will have as I go along.

Regards to all

Austyn

#15 rscarl

rscarl

Firefish

• 188 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi austyn welcome to the group yh just ask away mate get some more info and pics up of ya tank mate

#16 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hi, welcome to IR, as said above any questions you have ask away.

#17 ostelot1

ostelot1

New Members

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Thanks Both - took a while to get back to you.

Story so far rscarl - as mentioned RSM 130d (2nd hand), started about 7/8 weeks ago, inherited some uncured live rock from a friends tank. Put first fish and clean up crew in at week 3/4 - 1 x percula clown, 1 x fire shrimp, 6 x hermits (black, purple, scarlet, halloween) and 14 x snails (Turbo, astrea, cerith and bumblebee). The shrimp and all but 2 of the crabs have malted and seem ok, the two spiny astreas are very slow and may not make it.

Added more cured rock, a tube worm and some coral pieces from the marine shop over the past few weeks. 2 x zoas, green star polyp, green discosoma, blastomussa, purple whip gorgonia, brown montipora digitata, torch/pom pom coral, ricordea.  (pics to follow - how do I upload them on here??)

I use stock RSM T5 lights during the day (8 hours) and stuck a small aquaray blue flexi LED strip under the hood for a little extra night time viewing, the greens look stunning! I've added an additional Jabao wp10 pump and fitted a Hydor 360 wave deflector on the stock pump for extra direction and flow. Usual RSM sponges, stock skimmer, ceramic cylinders, activated carbon (soon to change to seachem matrix carbon), bag of Rowaphos (soon to change to Eheim phosphate out) and Evolution Aqua Pure Marine balls.

I use RSM coral pro salt and todays current water readings are as follows:

Temp            26.5

SG / Sal        1.026/35ppt

Ammonia      0

Nitrite            0.5

Nitrate           5-10

pH                 8.1

DkH               8 - Meq/l 2.9

Calcium         450

Phosphate     0.1

Magnesium   1450

Did I miss anything that I should be testing regularly?? Where should I be putting most attention re: water??  I've been water changing 20L per week (one fifth of volume) and so far (touch wood) I've had no major catastrophes. 

I feed the clown etc frozen brine shrimp (I've just started straining it) and use some New Era food enrichment, occasional live brine shrimp and veggie pellets.  I've started adding phytoplankton every other day and put in some copepods at the weekend.

I guess I'm learning as I go along (books and web) and no doubt I'm making some glaring errors.  Therefore, any constructive critique and advice is more than welcome.  I like my corals so far, but as mentioned, space is limited and any recommendations on challenging corals for beginners would be welcome.  I can then ask Jason to do his magic!!

...... too much info ?

If you got to the end of this then thanks for listening :good:

Cheers

Austyn + Jamie

#18 ostelot1

ostelot1

New Members

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

PS - Jason + Lyndsay If you read this, perhaps you have some small specimens that might be suitable.  I have plenty of green at the moment and want to add some extra colour (pink, purple, blue, red .... anything).

Kind regards

Austyn

#19 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,443 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Hi m8, what test kits do you use and what are you using to test the sg? are you using ro water for water changes?.We can sort sps and lps frags or colonies for you when ready but it maybe a idea to get the nitrates to 5 and phosphates nearer 0.03 to 0.05 first ,systems fairly new so may pay to give it a little time to settle.
I have not done much research into the RSM but did find the below link to give an idea as to what can be done with them.
http://www.reefsanct...ax-owners-club/

#20 ostelot1

ostelot1

New Members

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:52 PM

Cheers m8, ro water is being used and I've been using a plastic hydrometer for SG, but I've ordered a DD refractometer - should arrive Friday before my next water change!!  I'm using the RSM kits to test for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/pH/alkalinity and cheaper Salifert kits for calcium, magnesium and phosphate. What kit do you recommend for accurate phosphate testing, as this is something that i'm keen to get a grip of.  Any other tests that are critical to start straight away?

Thanks for the link m8, I've looked on the site before when i was setting up, but was put off because I had no LEDs that made my corals "pop"...!!  ;)  I do now though so will read further.

... one more thing, how do I get pictures up on here??

Regards

Austyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users