Excellent photo. Didnt realise they have a stripe down there nose. Cool! :lol:

#2 tommo

tommo

Tang

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

this fish looks ace in groups and is very hardy,

It can be mixed in small groups a well proportioned tank with other larger acanthurus like the achilles, powder blue, goldrim and japanese(those being in pairs) to recreate a somewhat natural competetive environment often seen on TV but a warning, convicts are rather active so it is better to only keep singles in tanks less than 6x2x2

HTH

Tom
effing fish

Tom

#3 Si Clark

Si Clark

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Any tips to get these fish on foods other than nori I have three and they will only currently eat dried tesco nori and pick at rock work. I tend to be happier when I get fish to feed on pellets

#4 Simon Garratt

Simon Garratt

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

Just give it time Si.

After 6 months, Mine just dives in with the rest now, pellet frozen, it doesnt matter.

But..

You well know my story with these buggers. Imo if you have anything thats too dominant over them or much larger, they often wont join in a feeding frenzy so miss out a bit.

My answer was just to keep chucking the food in till the others got bored and the convicts got used to it.

Not an easy fish in my opinion, despite claims to the contrary. especially as a long term group.

regards

Si.
Regards

Simon Garratt O.C.R.D

#5 tommo

tommo

Tang

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Simon, its strange, you are the second person this week to say that. Ive never had a problem with any ive had or sold. or heard of issues with these fish at all until this week. The only avoidable issue ive come across are thorny head worms in two specimens. i now just worm them as routine

Ive never found them submissive either but there u go, you learn something new every day. I wonder whether source has a part to play in it. Bali and hawaiian ones seem tough to me and always seem to eat pretty much anything instantly with a slight preference for greens Any ideas where yours are from Si and simon?

FOOD FOOD FOOD the more the better.

Tom
effing fish

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users