• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:47 AM

A friend and i have planned and made a pair pair tanks, one each, We wanted to share the pictures and Mo is starting to stock with some amazing acans this weekend in his cube.
My tank also going well but in need of some colour like Mos!
Mo and I both loved seeing similar tanks on the web and decided to make our own versions of canister filtered zero visible equipment nano's.

specs

35x35x40 cube (the extra hight for base, sand and water gap at the top) so 35cm cube of water!
canister filter (eheim 2126-85) thermo marine pro 2 (has heater in it with controller, then i added submersible fuge lights on each filter unit
optiwhite glass in 10mm - braceless (double pieces of 10mm float glass for base)
home made stands/cabinets with stone tops and cut outs for bulk heads
zero visible equipment, all flow heating and filtration is done via the canisters and two bulk heads in base
150 watt MH lighting - a clip on unit - adapted onto an ikea lamp arm (5.00)!

#2 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

come on, wheres the pics,lol

#3 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
build of tanks and stands
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

nice work. i think ive seen this on another forum. will it be sps

#5 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 10:37 AM

yeah i'm going to stock some sps, but a mix on this tank, i have a few nice frags of things i will add and prob some zoas and lps too, not intending any other soft stuff, but i do have a xenia frag in there i need to move out!
really i like to not plan too much with stock but let the reef naturally develop, see what i like and keep my mind open to what becomes available.
The constant battle of finding small pieces too!
and yes the tanks also on another forum
cheers ben

#7 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:34 AM

you probably already know , but jasonsaquatics are great for small frags and corals, great for nano's

#8 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Ben, yes i'm local to stm so have only used them as so convienent and apart from a couple of things mo gave me and swapped around so far
(also i've only been reefing for 6 months)
Mo has used Jasons A a few times and got some lovely stuff so looking at doing the same at some point.

#9 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

cool, youll have to come to a frag night one day, mabye even jump in with jed as he lives up your way.

#10 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:16 PM

Ah will look out for jed, thanks ben, overdue for a surf and bit of free diving as the water up here is very cloudy so will try to come to cornwall or devon for a bit of seawater immersion! Combine that with a frag night and the trip would be complete!

#11 bigtrev1969

bigtrev1969

Diatom

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Really love the cabinet the cube stands on,,looks great lit up(aquascaping too).A really well done thread great photos
255gal system including sump,120kg fiji live rock,
LIGHTING-3 luminarcs 250watt 14ks,electronic ballasts+Marinelux 80w twin atinics.
EQUIPMENT-ap 850 skimmer+v2skim for ozone with orp controller,korillin 3001 reactor on ph controller.
FLOW-3 M1500 seios(6000lph)2 maxijet 1200,1262 eheim(3500lph)+OR 2000 as return pumps.
.FISH-1purple,1yellow,1regal 1pb tangs,,mandarin goby,royal gramma,2 percula clowns in anemone,

2 videos of my 255gal system

#12 willjay

willjay

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:03 AM

Really love the cabinet the cube stands on,,looks great lit up(aquascaping too).A really well done thread great photos

Thanks big trev! the cabinet is fun and very personal my i love working with marble especially so wanted to use some in my little special build. Glad you like it.
I'm now going about stocking very slowly, finance and finding pieces i love and the right size are helping me not to rush!
I've just seen your reef video on u tube (hard to imagine how bloody cool that is for real)! i love the movment and fish swimming all over like that. awesome dude
:lol:

#13 CurvBall

CurvBall

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

Any updates on this great nanoreef?
nanoreefblog.com | Aquaria-Tweet.com
@pixeldeath

The golden ratio is 1.61803399 - use it wisely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users