6 replies to this topic

#1 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Hi Guys

If you have any Tips Tricks or modifications for certain hardware,or tips on cleaning pumps etc that might help others post them here.

jas
untitled.jpg

#2 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:18 AM

if your return pump is on the loud side house it on top of some jewel filter sponges this dampens the noise down

#3 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:42 AM

lindsays idea, cut a 1"- 2" hole in the top of your lumenarc reflector. it lets the heat out.

#4 wayne g

wayne g

Tang

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

skimmer air silencer:

get an old 35 mm film cannister and drill two small airline holes at either end.
fill cannister with filter floss and place it in-line on the air intake hose to the skimmer (like a petrol filter on a car)
periodically replace the filter floss as it will get very dirty over time....especially if you smoke.
click here to see my puddle
:)

"I've got this 'orrible feeling that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, knowing my luck I'll come back as me."

Rodney Charlton Trotter.

#5 Pen

Pen

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

Rowaphos without a reactor , if you dump it in a chamber it doesn't work too good , I rinse it in salted water to get all the colour out then strapped the bag to the outlet of the skimmer ,, job done 0 phosphate

#6 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,317 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

Rowaphos without a reactor , if you dump it in a chamber it doesn't work too good , I rinse it in salted water to get all the colour out then strapped the bag to the outlet of the skimmer ,, job done 0 phosphate

Good idea.

#7 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

oing to give that a go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users