• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 baldyguy

baldyguy

Diatom

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:46 PM

Hi I have a Pink Tip Nem in my setup that is doing fine after reading most of the articles on this website however............ it has moved a round little but now settled, been feeding full of colour and only just recently been acting a little strange......... she will constantly deflate and completely turn in herself day and night before fully inflating again.

Is the normal or is she in trouble?

She has no damage, feeding good and water params are spot on. Any advice is welcomed.

#2 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:36 AM

they do deflate but it shouldnt happen too often. how long have you had it? as it may still be getting used to the water conditions.

also how old is the tank as they like mature, stable water?

#3 baldyguy

baldyguy

Diatom

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:55 PM

they do deflate but it shouldnt happen too often. how long have you had it? as it may still be getting used to the water conditions.

also how old is the tank as they like mature, stable water?

system is 12 months old and had the nem for about 12 weeks..........she seems fine just want to make sure i catch her before she dies to far and poss cause a wipeout.

#4 karens roses

karens roses

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:20 AM

system is 12 months old and had the nem for about 12 weeks..........she seems fine just want to make sure i catch her before she dies to far and poss cause a wipeout.

Can I ask what you are feeding her?
She needs fish to survive.
Anything else is just a treat and not much more.
I have 6 sugar gliders,4mini horses ,4 SW tanks and two great dogs and two cats
that are identical brothers.
40 acres of woods and ponds in East Texas.
I love to garden to.
Owner of Karensroseanemones.com

#5 tommo

tommo

Tang

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

I agree with karen, they do need a substantial and nutritious source of food to really do well, but i have been trying out a new anemone feeding regime at my last place of work using small balls (about 1- 1.5 cm across) of new era marine pellets . These generated (it seems) good growth and much less waste than fish and triggered a feeding response every time!

Might be worth a go

Tom
effing fish

Tom

#6 Crabbit

Crabbit

Tang

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

What lighting do you have? and how old are the bulbs?
Life is to short for frags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users