3 replies to this topic

#1 Chumpy

Chumpy

Diatom

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hi
I've had a bit of hair algae get a grip in my tank, after I think it came in my tank on some Zoas.
Its spreading, and I think I'm under stocked on Hermits and Snails.....

Do you have anything they can recommend to munch through it?

I believe True Mexicans are the best to tackle this, but nobody seems to have them in stock.
Please let me know what you have in, along with prices etc... If you don't have the mexicans, let me know what you have. Any Blue knuckles, or dwarf hermits?

Can you let me know prices?

Cheers

#2 Crabbit

Crabbit

Tang

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

Lower your phosphate and nitrate. I would say its more than likely not hair algae. if i came in on a coral. Also keeping a stable KH can slow down hair algae growth. There are more effective control methods than snails and hermits to help you. Can you post a full spectrum test of your water test? PH, KH, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphate, Nitrate etc. Do you have a skimmer? How old is the tank?
Life is to short for frags

#3 Chumpy

Chumpy

Diatom

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

Think you posted in the wrong section. I didn't spot you as a sponsor.

Any Sponsors got any?

Cheers

Lower your phosphate and nitrate. I would say its more than likely not hair algae. if i came in on a coral. Also keeping a stable KH can slow down hair algae growth. There are more effective control methods than snails and hermits to help you. Can you post a full spectrum test of your water test? PH, KH, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphate, Nitrate etc. Do you have a skimmer? How old is the tank?

#4 bobba fett

bobba fett

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

How about a foxface??
I suggest a change of plan... Let the wookie win

Check out www.Reefpark.net if you have a minute

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users