• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 stevyb

stevyb

Diatom

• New Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

Hi i gavent got any nems as of yet but i am very interested in getting a nice nem for my clowns. My tank has been setup for 2months now and most of the water was transfered from old tank maybe more than half of it was established water.

My tank is 350 litre and has tunze ts24 sytem for flow. I know this isnt the best setup for nems but is there any way i can nem proof the powerheads. Also any other info would be great as i am comlete newb to nems. Would also like to know what is best speices for clowns i would like a nice coloured nem but also one that is not to hard to keep.

Thanks for looking at my thread and i appreciate any help i can get on this subject.

Steve

#2 norman

norman

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

hello stevyb, cant help you with the nems, but occelaris clowns which i have are less territorial than others, according to books etc, mine do their own thing, they dont chase anything & nothing bothers them. tang, angels, damsels leave them alone. they are also good feeders, will eat live, frozen or flake. also do not need a nem to live in. cheers, norman. :D :welcome: :D

#3 chriss

chriss

Killer Whale

• Administrators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hi i gavent got any nems as of yet but i am very interested in getting a nice nem for my clowns. My tank has been setup for 2months now and most of the water was transfered from old tank maybe more than half of it was established water.

My tank is 350 litre and has tunze ts24 sytem for flow. I know this isnt the best setup for nems but is there any way i can nem proof the powerheads. Also any other info would be great as i am comlete newb to nems. Would also like to know what is best speices for clowns i would like a nice coloured nem but also one that is not to hard to keep.

Thanks for looking at my thread and i appreciate any help i can get on this subject.

Steve

Welcome to the forum.

Absolutely wait to hear from other guys on keeping nems. I've had a couple in the past but do not feel experienced enough to give advice suffice to say that nem-proofing pumps and powerheads as paramount, as you already know.

Chris
Posted Image

#4 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

although your tank has mature water i would still recommend you wait a few more months.

if you do decide to get one then yeh you need to cover your pumps. some people use mesh of some kind, maybe wedding veil.

also i strongly suggest the only nem you get is a tank clone bubbletip. they are hardier than wild caught, have no impact on the enviroment and most clowns will host them. a red bubbletip is a fantastic nem to look at.

my choice of clowns would be percs or common as they are the least aggressive as well as being hardy. they can also be bought tank bred.

please research before you buy and read through this website. karen is a member here and knows more than most. she will happily answer any questions if you email her.

http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

#5 Dave.I

Dave.I

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

As Ben has said,try and get a red bubble tip,preferably a clone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users