• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 L66

L66

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

In any event where demand out strips supply there will always be loosers. No mater how the winners are decided someone will always be unhappy. The frags I was actually after I didn't get, but the whole fun of the event is you hopefully still get something either physical or just from the enjoyment of taking part. At the end of the day if you really want something you can contact Jason and I am sure given the right time fram he will source it for you.

If regular contributers are not happy with new members taking part that is a little short sighted as the frag nights attract people to the forum. Even if only a few people go on to contribute, the community will still grow. If people are faced with a frosty reception from current members then they will go elsewhere and only use the forum for frag nights.

Ian

#42 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

well said ian. bottom line is its fun, and if your not having fun then your taking it too seriously. new members shouldnt be made to feel they need to earn their place on the forum. everyone is welcome. if you want a frag that badly then im sure jason could sort something out. i actually find it a bit petty and annoying that people are even moaning about it.

#43 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I was on line, didn't have any intention of bidding on anything but still really enjoyed it. The chat site on the side is a really good idea and adds to the night. Other nights I have bid and won stuff and some nights I haven't. Still good fun though.

Got to say though, I think Jason has the best corals I've seen. He's service is great as well. Being based where I am it makes things very difficult for me to get corals, without Jasons help and the Frag night team I would have an empty tank! I personally would like to say thank you very much to everyone on the team and to everyone who takes part in the evening as it makes for a great night, with my vodka.

#44 Guest_Quigs_*

Guest_Quigs_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

I seemed to inadvertently caused a bit of annoyance here! :lol:

HOWEVER.....Please re-read my orignal post. I was in no way disputing that the frag night should be seen as fun, and full credit goes to those who organise and run the event. It also provides an excellent opportunity for a social gathering together with an ideal PR/business opportunity for Jason Aquatics as sponsers of the forum. I was merely pointing out that out of the huge numbers of on-line members that night, it would be nice to have maybe just a few of them post up, even its to say 'Hi I'm new' just out of courtesy. Everyone knows that this is a freindly forum and anyone who decides to post up for the first time is always warmly wlecomed and encouraged to join in. Im sure it doesn't take some members 12-18 months to get the confidence to say 'Hello'!

I cannot and will not be swept into the 'taking things too seriously' group as I for one was not bidding on corals, I was purely there observing what was happening and this fact just seemed to be glaringly obvious, and I was clearly not the only one thinking that at the time! Maybe my comment has been taken too seriously? It was meant to be more constructive than critical!

All I know is that my conversations with Jason and Lyndsay in the shop usually at some point revolve around the forum and how we would all like it to be busier. So maybe, just maybe, that creating a post like this will spur members into action however if my comments have caused a few to get hot under the collar and feel I have alienated other members, then of course I will do the decent thing and gracefully bow-out. :rolleyes:

Happy fragging! :lol:

#45 bobba fett

bobba fett

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:01 PM

AS with Quigs,

I enjoy the evenings, If I didn't I wouldn't log on, I merely asked how random the selection was, Chriss sent me a cracking PM and explained stuff and I fully accept what he says.
I suggest a change of plan... Let the wookie win

Check out www.Reefpark.net if you have a minute

#46 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:15 PM

As long as all are happy that's the main thing ,When frag night was started by Chris Ben Tim and slappy they wanted to start something that no one in the Uk were doing and the frag night was that thing
They have all worked hard keeping it going, slowly progressing forward each month keeping all happy with the way it is run .
All anyone wants is to see you all have a blast on the night and walk away saying yep cant wait till next time, we hope this will carry on for some time .

jas
untitled.jpg

#47 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

As long as all are happy that's the main thing ,When frag night was started by Chris Ben Tim and slappy they wanted to start something that no one in the Uk were doing and the frag night was that thing
They have all worked hard keeping it going, slowly progressing forward each month keeping all happy with the way it is run .
All anyone wants is to see you all have a blast on the night and walk away saying yep cant wait till next time, we hope this will carry on for some time .

jas

Well said Jason, lets hope it gets better and better everytime.

Will hopefully sort out another frag night before Christmas, I'll liase with Chris and Ben and will announce a date shortly.

#48 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:32 PM

As an Ayrhire Reefers member I've just got to second Kenny, fantastic stock n prices. Ian well said, if it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't be seen until next fragnight. However, if you guys want pics...tank thread to follow...maybe even two if I persuade hubby too :lol: I agree that the fragnights attract people but certain comments can push them away just as quick. That was our second fragnight, after the last time my email wasn't receiving mail so my account couldn't be validated :rolleyes: due to this I stopped browsing but only becase I couldn't post if a thread interested me. I got my other email working so I'll be back :lol:

#49 Rach

Rach

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:58 AM

;) Be good to see Binky, we like pics! A warm welcome to IR.

#50 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:06 AM

yeh glad your with us binky

#51 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Welcome to IR binky.

#52 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for the welcome Rach, ben and lindsay :rock3:

Stacey

#53 Guest_Quigs_*

Guest_Quigs_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:32 PM

As an Ayrhire Reefers member I've just got to second Kenny, fantastic stock n prices. Ian well said, if it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't be seen until next fragnight. However, if you guys want pics...tank thread to follow...maybe even two if I persuade hubby too

Thanks Binky and welcome to the forum.

See guys......it did work! :D

#54 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,636 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

OK i will give you that tener later quigs :D

your post beat me pm m8 :lol:

Welcome to the forum Binkey

jas
untitled.jpg

#55 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Thanks Binky and welcome to the forum.

See guys......it did work! :D

Thanks. Yeah it did but I'm not doing it through guilt! lol Maybe more careful wording would have worked even better :lol:

#56 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

OK i will give you that tener later quigs :D

your post beat me pm m8 :lol:

Welcome to the forum Binkey

jas

:lol:
Thanks Jas

#57 Guest_Quigs_*

Guest_Quigs_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

Thanks. Yeah it did but I'm not doing it through guilt! lol Maybe more careful wording would have worked even better :D

Well I thought I was actually quite diplomatic in my wording. That's always the problem with writing things on a forum, they can always be construed the wrong way. Nothing like the old fashioned persnal touch although that seems a thing of the past these day! Hope you enjoy the forum.

#58 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

Well I thought I was actually quite diplomatic in my wording. That's always the problem with writing things on a forum, they can always be construed the wrong way. Nothing like the old fashioned persnal touch although that seems a thing of the past these day! Hope you enjoy the forum.

I meant what you posted during the fragnight, it didn't come across as very welcoming. Yes things can often be misconstrued on forums. I will thank you

#59 Binky

Binky

Diatom

• New Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:01 PM

I meant what you posted during the fragnight, it didn't come across as very welcoming. Yes things can often be misconstrued on forums. I will thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users