8 replies to this topic

#1 karl

karl

Firefish

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

well yesterday i had a little acciddent with my green bta that i had sold

we removed most of the rock in the tank when chriss came to collect the tang and the nem was attached over 2 large rocks whilst i move a rock near it one of the rocks i must have nocked the other one attached to the nem and it toubled and fell to the ground which split the nems foot and i could see the prawn that i gave him about 30 mins befor

i spoke to a freind of mine who has had a lot of experiance with the nems and he advised me to put it in a qt tank and pull the rocks apart this will force it to split so by thursday i may have 2 nems not 1

even tho he was split he never deflated the tips which chriss said was a good sign so i thought i woud add a pic of it

here it is now looks like it has nearly parted but what do you think

Posted Image

#2 chriss

chriss

Killer Whale

• Administrators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

It seems to be holding up pretty well, I would have expected it to have taken a turn for the worse by now. Fingers crossed for you!

Chris
Posted Image

#3 tillysreef

tillysreef

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

hi karl
i saw it today chris and seems fine, very lucky i reckon
tilly

#4 karl

karl

Firefish

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

just holding together by a little strand at the mo so come tomorrow it should be 2 lol

#5 karl

karl

Firefish

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:08 PM

well they split sometime last night so i have 2 nems 1 little and 1 large lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i moved the rocks apart by using my metal scraper handle as i didnt want to put my hand in their as i have been painting when they had already spit thinking it is best to keep them apart is this the case ???

#6 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

i wouldnt worry about keeping them apart, just leave them to settle on their own from now on.

just keep the water quality up to scratch and they should be fine

#7 chriss

chriss

Killer Whale

• Administrators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:00 PM

Excellent news!

I'm glad it worked out ok, you've got two to sell now!! I'd love an anemone, but anemones, sps and a tank full of seios doesn't really mix well, well it does, kind of like a blender!

How did you get on shifting the rest of the fish? Don't forget to update your for-sale thread and when is d-day?

Chris
Posted Image

#8 karl

karl

Firefish

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

it is updated lol the lot has gone

and have a few buyers for the new nem so i will go with the closest person to me to give it the best chance of survival instead of posting

moving the 28th feb to manchester and looking at a pico when i get their untill i can start to build the new tank

#9 stephen124

stephen124

New Members

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

I did exactly the same thing the beginning of the month but I lost mine.

Shame you're not already in Manchester as I would be interested in taking the smaller one off you, as I'm only 25 miles from Manchester, but I don't fancy it's chances coming all the way from Cornwall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users