lukeeee1990

Firefish

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:12 PM

what are these?

Posted Image

i hope they aren't an SPS eating bug...

i saw them when i got home...and went to find some tweezers to try and pick them off, and by the time i came back they were gone/moved...can't see them on any of my other SPS...YET! :D
anyone want coral safe, aiptasia eating nudibranc's (berghia) from one of the UK's only breeders? PM me for details

#2 chriss

chriss

Killer Whale

• Administrators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

That look flatworm'y, but guess the only way to be sure is to try and get them out. Next time you see them, get a pippette and suck them out for a closer look, alternatively, take out the colony dip it and look at the results.

Chris
Posted Image

#3 lukeeee1990

lukeeee1990

Firefish

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:27 PM

That look flatworm'y, but guess the only way to be sure is to try and get them out. Next time you see them, get a pippette and suck them out for a closer look, alternatively, take out the colony dip it and look at the results.

Chris

yeh i thought flatworms...wierd thing is i've never seen them before...and nothing new has gone in since i can remember...except some zoa frags from amwell, so perhaps they came in on those?

what dip do you reccomend mate? and is it literally just a case of dipping the coral in a container of dip and taking it straight out again? or do you leave it in for a while

thanks

luke
anyone want coral safe, aiptasia eating nudibranc's (berghia) from one of the UK's only breeders? PM me for details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users