• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

hey this is my second tank. i got the tank second hand off ebay was a bargins really. will try a remember everything. i picked it up on a monday nite and after 2-3 hours of cleaning the tank and getting all the trop stuff out it looked like this
Posted Image
i added the water and sand bed the next next day then waited a few days for everything to settle and to get upto temp. i then added my stock from my old tank and all the water luckly i didn't have any problems or spikes.
Posted Imagethis is how it looked

so after letting things get settle down and fish and corals settle in. i got more LR and corals. so it was starting to take shape
Posted Image

then i found a very nice fish it was a blue tang and was going to be my last fish into the tank.Posted Image. bout 2 weeks after having him i got white spot which most of my fish got.i lost the blue tang a yellow clown goby and a sharknose goby. after i had got the spot under control and got rid of it. i started having problems with my nirates. nirates were reading bout 20ppm so was doing bout 2 10% water change a week.finally got them to zero and they r still there now thankfully.

Posted Image
this is how the tank was looking. i change the lighting from t8s to 2 aqua rays reef white and 1 marine white

i think that being us to present day. i have in the tank at the mom different coral bout 10 feather dusters 2 coco worms one white and red and the other red and orange. 2 cleaner shrimp a peppermint shrimp (somewhere) bout 10 hermits and 16 snails. fishes r 2 clowns 2 peacock wrasse 1 royal gramma 1 tiger watchmen goby 1 yellow headed jawfish 1 sailfin tang 1 firefish and 1 flasher wrasse 1green banded goby
some pics of the tank now.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

thats me hope i didn't bore u to much.
let me know what u think good or bad all comments welcome
thanks phil

#2 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:52 AM

nice tank u,ve got some lovely fish in there and nice swimming space, the blue tang may have got stressed as they do like a big tank and are not as hardy as the sailfin keep up the good work

#3 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:22 AM

yeh tank looks great. i like the big pussey coral on top

#4 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

thanks guys. thats pussey coral needs fragging really its abit to big.

#5 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,313 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Yeah looking good,glad all has settled down,its a shame about the Blue Tang,but they need a tank of at least 75 gal and the ones we have had in the past have become very belligerent,they grow to around 9 inches but need a lot of swimming space because they tend to be a very active fish.

#6 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

he was a very nice fish in settle in really well too hardly no fighting and eating on the second day looking back at him now it was a silly thing to have done to him i have learnt of it. well good news 2dat had tiger watchmen goby on friday and he has finally had something to eat 2day still very shy tho but main thing is he is eating

#7 SLAPPY

SLAPPY

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,794 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

Are you running a skimmer on that tank?

That sailfin tang is going to get too big for that tank by the way.

Is that a Juwel Rio 180?

#8 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

yeah i'm running a skimmer on the tank and i know he will out grow the tank. no its the 125

#9 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

just bin looking at my tank and i have notice that one of my cleaner shrimp has eggs i think. does one one how long they take to hatch???

#10 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

they probably wont hatch. the shrimp will go to the surface when ready and release them into the water. soon after they wll get eaten but the other livestock.

#11 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:28 PM

will the shrimp do it in the day or night

#12 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

well this week has bin not a good week really had to cut a big bit of my pink pussey coral off has it was dying then i have some problems with my ro water which is now sorted and i have broke my 25 ltr water cannisters oops.
some new picces

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,313 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

will the shrimp do it in the day or night

Ours do it at night,cool to watch.Tanks looking good,nice pictures.

#14 ben

ben

Killer Whale

• Members
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

we all have a few probs with our tanks now and then. sounds like your keeping on top of it though

#15 stumpy316uk

stumpy316uk

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

thanks m8. think the pink pussey coral got stung by my torch coral. and the ro water was worst than tap water so bit short on ro but it will be out sorted by monday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users