#1 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

As seen on TV the other night,i thought i would post this up

Wild night in ,

To see the marine part of this program you need to go 24.30 minutes into the program

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../Wild_Night_In/

just incase you want to donate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wild/

jas
untitled.jpg

#2 Ross1

Ross1

Tang

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Good find Jas. I know of project seahorse, they are doing great things over there.

I did notice that a lot of the footage of the pristine reefs was taken from Planet Earth which was filmed in Raja Ampat,Indonesia.

#3 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

If you find a longer video Ross post it under the video section as i sure like me others would love that

Jas
untitled.jpg

#4 Ross1

Ross1

Tang

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:56 AM

If you find a longer video Ross post it under the video section as i sure like me others would love that

Jas

Of Raja Ampat reefs?

I do know where there are some beautys.....

#5 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

Yes if you can Ross

Be good to fill the video section with some class filming of healthy and not so healthy reefs ,,

Not sure but a thread with a healthy and a not so healthy reef and reasons why ;)

jas
untitled.jpg

#6 Ross1

Ross1

Tang

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:18 PM

Yes if you can Ross

Be good to fill the video section with some class filming of healthy and not so healthy reefs ,,

Not sure but a thread with a healthy and a not so healthy reef and reasons why ;)

jas

Not seen much footage of unhealthy reefs, even though there are more unhealthy reef than healthy reefs. Obvisouly divers taking videos and still's stay away from really damaged areas.

I have got some stills from the Seychelles of flatened reefs. 3 severe bleaching events within 10 years plus direct human impacts like siltation,overfishing,nutrient input means they are now piles of rubble. I could dig them out, very depressing though.

I could start a thread to discuss "shifting base line syndrome" in a coral reef context. That's interesting.

I'll find some good videos of the raja ampat later. Coral and fish heaven. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users