• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mhunt

mhunt

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Hi, ive heard copperbanded butterfly fish are good at getting rid of aips but i was wondering if they'd be ok with the fish i already have?

I've got in a trigon 350:
2 percula clowns
a pink spotted goby
a yellow tang
a royal gramma
a coral beauty
and an ecsquisite wrasse

I'd also like to get 3 or 4 bangaii cardinals at some point?

Anyone got any views on whether these would all be ok together and if it would be too over stocked?

thanks martin

#2 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

Hi, ive heard copperbanded butterfly fish are good at getting rid of aips but i was wondering if they'd be ok with the fish i already have?

I've got in a trigon 350:
2 percula clowns
a pink spotted goby
a yellow tang
a royal gramma
a coral beauty
and an ecsquisite wrasse

I'd also like to get 3 or 4 bangaii cardinals at some point?

Anyone got any views on whether these would all be ok together and if it would be too over stocked?

thanks martin

The Coral Beauty may have a nip,its also quite likely the yellow tang will have a go at it,a lot of tangs dont like the copperband so its a case of fingers crossed and if there is a bit of agro keep them fed well and see if after a day or two things settle down.

#3 mhunt

mhunt

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

The Coral Beauty may have a nip,its also quite likely the yellow tang will have a go at it,a lot of tangs dont like the copperband so its a case of fingers crossed and if there is a bit of agro keep them fed well and see if after a day or two things settle down.

Thanks Lindsay, I think I may risk one. Did I read somewhere you've got some or had some? If so how much are they?
Cheers martin

#4 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

yellow tang could def be a problem , burgessi a better option hardier yellow tang should be okay with him although he will have a go at corals after the aps u have to way up how bad the ap problem is

#5 mhunt

mhunt

Diatom

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

yellow tang could def be a problem , burgessi a better option hardier yellow tang should be okay with him although he will have a go at corals after the aps u have to way up how bad the ap problem is

Hi Dylan, it's not that there that bad but once a month I have to attack them with aptasia x and was just thinking of a way of getting rid of them permanently. Oh and I quite like the copperband.
Cheers martin

#6 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Like i said today if i can catch him borrow my fil;e fish he loves aps and looks pisssed off at the mo coz i aint got any :D trouble may come trying to catch him in your tank thinking best buy your own lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users