11 replies to this topic

#1 petereef

petereef

Copepod

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

Hi guys,
looking forward to my first frag night at Jasons, the only hesitations i have are the colours not in a bad way, it's just that with macro lenses i have bought alot of corals mail order that when they come are nothing like the picture,
ideally i would like some blues, purples and light coloured sps, hope this makes sense and if anyone can give me a heads up on which corals Jasons are selling that suits my needs, p.s i have zero nitrate and phosphate and 400w 14k blvs, looking for nice coloured corals to fill in a few small spaces that i have left, can,t wait for tomorrow night ;) kind regards Pete

#2 ANDYG

ANDYG

Tang

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

Hi pete
IMO the boys take exellent photos, what you see is what you get , you won't be dissapointed. There's always various colours/corals available but you won't know until the night what's up for grabs, just keep watching the site until something catches your eye. then put your name in the hat and wait until the item finishes and see if you've been lucky enough to grab a bit.

#3 petereef

petereef

Copepod

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:04 AM

Hi pete
IMO the boys take exellent photos, what you see is what you get , you won't be dissapointed. There's always various colours/corals available but you won't know until the night what's up for grabs, just keep watching the site until something catches your eye. then put your name in the hat and wait until the item finishes and see if you've been lucky enough to grab a bit.

Thanks Andy, i know without doubt the corals will be of fantastic quality, i just sometimes find myself buying corals that don,t reflect what they are in the picture, i desperateley want a couple of blues or light coloured sps, intense greens etc kind regards Pete

#4 chriss

chriss

Killer Whale

• Administrators
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

The photos are very accurate, taken under 10k to show their natural color not enhanced by using 14k or 20k lamps. It sounds like you should have tried jason's before.

Chris
Posted Image

#5 Cass1

Cass1

Tang

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

They're certainly top quality.... unlike their tea and coffee ;)

#6 Marcus Watts

Marcus Watts

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

if you need a specific coral it would be better to pm Jason and buy a colony that is exactly what you are after. On frag night you may see the absolute perfect coral, go in the hat, and not get picked for a bit. Why take the chance? linsays pictures really do capture the exact colours of the colony about to be fragged. Personally i would not buy an SPS coral mail order from anyone else in the UK.

I would enter frag night with a view to it being a bit like a raffle, you may get a piece of a coral that is so good it would not usually be chopped up.
KEEP A FEW TRUE STARFISH, SAVE THEM FROM BEING DRIED OUT FOR TOURISTS

6x2x2 HOME TANK

#7 Edstar

Edstar

New Members

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

anyone know what time part 2 starts tonight?

#8 ANDYG

ANDYG

Tang

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

They're certainly top quality.... unlike their tea and coffee ;)

You should have been there last time martin, there was decent Coffee cos we took some ;) ;)

anyone know what time part 2 starts tonight?

7.30 ishhhhhhhhh ;)

#9 Sill

Sill

Diatom

• New Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

As above, the pics are a good representation of what you CAN achieve. It's really down to your nutrient levels / type of lighting as to whether or not they retain the colours in the pics or not.

#10 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

Bobed into see the boys today all the corals look great brilliant colours what you see is what you get if you have the right lighting and water perameters.Bid away their all great.
;) ;)

#11 petereef

petereef

Copepod

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

Bobed into see the boys today all the corals look great brilliant colours what you see is what you get if you have the right lighting and water perameters.Bid away their all great.
;) ;)

Looking forward to it, but where do i find it lol, will a link pop up??????? or do i have to navigate somewhere, many thanks Pete

#12 Long Dave

Long Dave

Diatom

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

I had expactly the same reservations as you buddy, the corals may look different under your lighting but the corals are as good if not better than the pictures on here.

If i remeber i'll post a pic of the blues from my shoddy camera phone of the solid blues they have to give you an idea! (cant connect phone to work PC) , no photoshopping on this site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users