• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tillysreef

tillysreef

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

I seem to have a lot of debris floating around my tank that's not finding its way down my wier.
I have a large external that I can use to clear this problem but what's the best thing to run in it as I guess the sponges in it would become nitrate factories.

Any advice please
Tilly

#2 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

no the sponges wont create nitrates over time if u wash them weekly in tap water , why dont u put filter wool between the baffles in the sump

#3 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Is your weir rake nice and clean? Do you have enough surface agitation?

#4 tillysreef

tillysreef

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

Hi their
Have lots of surface agitation. Just Dosent seem to be clearing. Tank has been changed over to new one for about a month now. Tried a filter sock on end of downpipe as well. Maybe need to up the flow over the wier

#5 ANDYG

ANDYG

Tang

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

HI Tilly
Is it debris on the surface that's not making it's way to the weir, if so direct your powerheads at the surface to move it to the weir.
If it's debris throughout the tank and your sump is big enough try running a 400 micron filter sock for a few days or as dylan said put some filter wool in.
I run a sock for 2 days in 7 to polish up but not all the time as i want to keep the corals fed, hope this helps.
cheers ANDY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users