14 replies to this topic

#1 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

K22 is now a proud member of IR :watusi:

The missus was right, these colonies look much bigger in my system! Give them a couple of weeks to settle in and I'll stick some pics up for your perusal. These new bits have made a huge difference to the overall look of the tank and it's really coming together now. Glad I stopped by!

See you on the board, K22 :smoke2:

Posted Image

#2 dave14

dave14

Angelfish

• 1,555 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Welcome to the forum

look forward to the pics, and some details about your system would be good too :good:

#3 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Dave :D

The system is a Vision 180, drilled & sumped with a mix of SPS, LPS & Zoa's/Rics. It's lit by a twin 150 with Aqualine 10000's and custom moonlight system based on 5050 SMD's (Full Phase Simulation). I'm running a Teco TC10 Chiller/Heater/UV & Detlec MCE300, sump contains 4" aragamud refugium with Chaeto & LR and is lit by 3 6500k 20w ES reflector bulbs. I'm Balling light with a GHL independent.

Anything else, please ask :good:

Posted Image

#4 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hello,

Welcome on Board.

Look forward to the pics.

#5 TrevC

TrevC

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:17 PM

Welcome to IR

:welcome:

TANK 48 x 24 x 24

NO LIVE ROCK WHATSOEVER

VORTECH MP40
2 x Tunze Nano

48 x 18 x 17.5 SUMP
NO LIVE ROCK IN HERE EITHER!
SCHURAN JETSKIM 150
SCHURAN JETSTREAM 1 Ca REACTOR
"GYRACTOR" running "BIO PEARLS"
EHEIM 1262 RETURN PUMP

FISH AND CORALS SUPPLIED BY
JASON's AQUATICS

#6 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Here's a pic taken today :good:

Attached File  IMG_0376_614x461.jpg   65.21KB   3 downloads

Posted Image

#7 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Hi m8

Was good to have you down this way and hope to catch up again next time you visit

Tanks looking great ,,be good to see some closeup pics of the corals you have in there

Thanks for posting up your tank m8 its always great to see new members tanks

jas
untitled.jpg

#8 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

very nice tank welcome to the forum , you actually have a fire shrimp out in the open !!!

#9 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

As above,tanks looking good and welcome to IR,glad the corals settled fine and look forward to up dates.

#10 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the kind comments guys, the tank is still very much a work in progress and there is still much to do. I have a vision of where I want to be, this tank is 12 months in; another 12 and I should be much nearer the mark.

I'll post up some other pics of what I have in there as soon as I can find the time to take some gooduns! Re the Fire Shrimp, that would be because the Pistol (Alpheus Soror) lives in the rockwork!!

Cheers, K22

Posted Image

#11 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the kind comments guys, the tank is still very much a work in progress and there is still much to do. I have a vision of where I want to be, this tank is 12 months in; another 12 and I should be much nearer the mark.

I'll post up some other pics of what I have in there as soon as I can find the time to take some gooduns! Re the Fire Shrimp, that would be because the Pistol (Alpheus Soror) lives in the rockwork!!

Cheers, K22

Sounds good will follow updates.

#12 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:13 AM

Pleased to report that after an initial brownout, the racing green is making a comeback! Not worthy of a pic just yet, but watch this space... :good:

Posted Image

#13 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Pleased to report that after an initial brownout, the racing green is making a comeback! Not worthy of a pic just yet, but watch this space... :good:

Cool,any ideas on the brown out?.

#14 K22

K22

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Cool,any ideas on the brown out?.

I wish I knew! It's now transitioned from the dark green to a striking baby blue which is becoming stronger by the day (totally unexpected - this was the one that Jason named the 'Fighting Acro' on my list if you recall, very definitely dark green). I'm on the edge of my seat regards the final colour! Also seeing much better polyp extension over the last few days. The purple/green colony however, hasn't actually polyped out at all since I've had it, preferring to secrete white stringy mucus in place of polyps :threatenlumber: It is continuing to base out though, so perhaps it's still settling in?? The bright green colony behaves likes it's never been out of water, the polyps are always huge and it appears very happy and vibrant, as has been the case from the moment it went in... The other SPS/Acro's in the tank are also very happy with massive PE and good growth/colour.

Due to the huge contrast in how the three new colonies are doing, one has to wonder what it is that I'm missing here. Params are:

SG 1.026
Temp 24.5
PH Unknown
KH 8.9
Calc 420ppm
Mag 1290ppm
Phos <0.04 (D-D High Sensitivity)
Nitrate 1ppm

I'm running the new Bio-Phos that I picked up when I was down, really happy with it btw, along with Purigen. I don't run carbon but have just picked up 5kg of Chemviron 207c and will be starting with it next week. I dose the Fauna Trace B range as part of the balling setup and feed D-D LPS/SPS/Clam/Filter foods along with KZ Amino, Pohl's CV, KZ SpongePower, Gamma NutriPlus, Frozen Mysis for the Sun and Ocean Nutrition for the very small number of fish I have. The tang also gets the occasional sheet of Nori.

Do you see anything wrong here Linds? Cheers, K22

Posted Image

#15 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,579 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

I wish I knew! It's now transitioned from the dark green to a striking baby blue which is becoming stronger by the day (totally unexpected - this was the one that Jason named the 'Fighting Acro' on my list if you recall, very definitely dark green). I'm on the edge of my seat regards the final colour! Also seeing much better polyp extension over the last few days. The purple/green colony however, hasn't actually polyped out at all since I've had it, preferring to secrete white stringy mucus in place of polyps :threatenlumber: It is continuing to base out though, so perhaps it's still settling in?? The bright green colony behaves likes it's never been out of water, the polyps are always huge and it appears very happy and vibrant, as has been the case from the moment it went in... The other SPS/Acro's in the tank are also very happy with massive PE and good growth/colour.

Due to the huge contrast in how the three new colonies are doing, one has to wonder what it is that I'm missing here. Params are:

SG 1.026
Temp 24.5
PH Unknown
KH 8.9
Calc 420ppm
Mag 1290ppm
Phos <0.04 (D-D High Sensitivity)
Nitrate 1ppm

I'm running the new Bio-Phos that I picked up when I was down, really happy with it btw, along with Purigen. I don't run carbon but have just picked up 5kg of Chemviron 207c and will be starting with it next week. I dose the Fauna Trace B range as part of the balling setup and feed D-D LPS/SPS/Clam/Filter foods along with KZ Amino, Pohl's CV, KZ SpongePower, Gamma NutriPlus, Frozen Mysis for the Sun and Ocean Nutrition for the very small number of fish I have. The tang also gets the occasional sheet of Nori.

Do you see anything wrong here Linds? Cheers, K22

All seems ok,it may be that the acros are adjusting to your tank,what lighting do you run,streaming can also be a feeding response to food with the addition of amino's your adding.Keep us posted on how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users