3 replies to this topic

#1 danbur25

danbur25

New Members

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi all,
I have purchased a Aqua One 620T 130l tank, and am pretty new to keeping marine fishes. I currently have about 9kg live rock and couple black and white clowns.
basically i cant find a protein skimmer, (which ive been told i need?) that will fit without me having to cut away the back of the hood. I was wondering if it would be beneficial for me to install a small sump underneath? and if it is, can anyone point me in the right direction to build or buy one to fit the cabinet space under the tank?
If anyone can help, thank you very much, if you cant help then thank you for reading anyway :)

#2 Joey

Joey

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

Hi and welcome to IR.

The answer to your question would be yes you can add a sump but might need to reenforce the cabinet. As I remember from having a 620T before which only housed trops that it has a centre divide that will need to be removed. Then if you don't want to cut away at the hood you will need to drill the back glass to make a wier (best option IMO) or you could cut the hood and fit an overflow box.

Also some details and pic's of your setup would be great :)

Yours
Joey

Posted Image

#3 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,462 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hi,welcome to IR,as Joey has said above,strengthen stand and drill tank sounds like best bet,a hang on skimmer would work but would not be as good as a bigger skimmer in the sump plus by adding a sump you increase water volume and the possibility of further filtration and equipment.

#4 dylan

dylan

Angelfish

• Banned
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

yeh asw above the weir is the way to go the only overflow box i trust is the schuran and this will stick out like a sore thumb on this size tank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users