• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cardiff R33

Cardiff R33

Firefish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

My tank has been struggling a bit in the last few weeks, I think it was down to low potassium and a few corals were stripping from the base. However, i noticed a hole on the underside of my green tabling acro that was on my frag rack. It was on there as it didnt seem happy, noticed the hole was bigger yesterday and got the coral out and noticed eggs :-(

Dipped in in coral rx and didnt see any flatworms come off and i scraped the eggs off, i guess i have AEFW, any tips?

I havent forgotten that coral mate i just havent posted due to the cold snap

#2 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Hi m8

AEFW your usually find under the branches out of direct light as there light sensitive and after our chat on the phone i would say its more likely down to the ALK swings as to not add any acros to your system for such a long time and with no problems and them over a week or two a few acros to start receding from the base points at alk ,phosphates but not flatworm.
When it comes to the eggs they could be from a number of critters in your system .

As you are a dipper and you have dipped a few of the acros that are struggling in your system with no signes of AEFW i would say its safe to say that i doubt it very much AEFW is your problem .Im adding this link so you can see what they would look like in the while bucket you dipped them in

http://archive.reefc...t=827518&page=2

I would stable your ALK and lower the phosphates a little more as they are on the high side

Should i now dismiss this post lol, no as you have brought up a topic that should be chatted about (AEFW).Everyone should DIP no matter where you get your SPS from as they are a part of this hobby that we dont want but they are a part of it.
Now you guys who have orders with us but have to wait a while before we let you have them know why as we have a dipping program in place and all new stock gets dipped before they even go in out system and after that the whole system goes on a 5 day dipping program as to help stop the spread of AEFW.However we still Advise you dip your coral as nature has a way and its always better to be safe than sorry

Any probs jas give me a buzz or post up here and i will get to it ASAP

jas
untitled.jpg

#3 Cardiff R33

Cardiff R33

Firefish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:15 PM

Cheers again Jason, much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users