• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:46 AM

Does anyone get this problem,when i add a new fire extinguisher i have to bleed the reactor every day for a good few weeks because of what i think is o2 in the bottle which gassses up the reactor and also raises the ph the reactor is running at.Said for a long time theres more than just co2 in the bottles and fitted a new bottle last night and yep had to bleed the reactor this morning lol.I think there is a small amount of o2 already in the bottle when its filled with co2 which then sits at the top in the bottle which is why i have to bleed it off from the reactor for a few weeks.

#2 dave14

dave14

Angelfish

• 1,540 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

I've not noticed myself TBH, why not just give the extinguisher a good squirt before connecting to reactor

#3 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

Again not having that problem with mine Linz bit I am coming to the end of mine soon, if anyone has any ideas on where to source the larger bottles and an idea also on cost I'd like to know what the options are.

#4 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

I have had to bleed the reactor 4 times in two days at the same settings it was on with the old bottle and the reactor is running at about 0.05 higher on the ph so its got to be the new bottle,will be going over to a filled co2 bottle once ive used up the remaining fire extinguishers.

#5 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

I've not noticed myself TBH, why not just give the extinguisher a good squirt before connecting to reactor

I suspected that the new bottle would give me problems so i gave it a good squirt before i connected it,have done this on the last few that i have fitted but still get the same problem on a new bottle.The reator is running at 180ml so i use quite a fast co2 rate which is why i think the problem with a new bottle shows,if i was running slower its possible i would not see much difference because the co2 speed would be slower.

#6 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

I have just bled the reactor and the ph has dropped from 6.24 to 6.17 in half on hour so this points to o2 in the bottle which is why i think i am having to bleed the reactor on a new bottle,i will leave the reactor on the same settings and keep bleeding it and see if it improves in a week or so,if it does then it will be down to o2 in the bottle.

#7 karnivor

karnivor

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Ive given up on the bloody things.
I use a proper bottle and dont get any more issues.
I havnt bled my reactor for 4 weeks and its still perfect.

Last time I had it filled, it cost me a tenner, just not worth the hassle.

Tony.

http://www.jgassupplies.co.uk/
Why do left-over nuts never match left-over bolts?

#8 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ive given up on the bloody things.
I use a proper bottle and dont get any more issues.
I havnt bled my reactor for 4 weeks and its still perfect.

Last time I had it filled, it cost me a tenner, just not worth the hassle.

Tony.

http://www.jgassupplies.co.uk/

Yeah i have to agree,i have noticed that even when the need to bleed the reactor drops off,its not until the bottle is two thirds empty that i get to see the reactor start to really perform when it comes to dkh and calcium readings,i have a couple more to use up then its over to refill-ables.

#9 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

Nice link Tony thanks.

#10 karnivor

karnivor

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yeah i have to agree,i have noticed that even when the need to bleed the reactor drops off,its not until the bottle is two thirds empty that i get to see the reactor start to really perform when it comes to dkh and calcium readings,i have a couple more to use up then its over to refill-ables.

If it were me, i'd put the two extinguishers to one side as spares for when your refillable is empty and go and buy a refillable. That way you will have something to pop on while you get your refillable topped up.

Nice link Tony thanks.

No Problem, its where I get mine from.

Tony.

#11 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Agree,will be getting a bottle soon.

#12 karnivor

karnivor

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

Had mine refilled on tuesday....still a tenner :good:
Should keep me happy for at least 6 months.

#13 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:16 AM

Sounds good,ile be getting one from boc soon.

#14 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,500 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Well put a BOC bottle on and it is far better,less gassing up and was able to drop the co2 rate to run at the same ph level i ran when on the fire exst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users