3 replies to this topic

#1 devilvness

devilvness

Diatom

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi
Does anyone know how to get rid of these they are popping up in my tank and I have tried all sorts to get rid of them, but so far nothing has worked

Attached Files

• Attached File  Weed.jpg   20.52KB   0 downloads

#2 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:12 PM

mhhh these look like aiptasia to me or glass anemones (same thing) lots of things to try livestock wise true peppermint shrimps , aip eating file fish ,copperband or a nudibranch there is also som,e kinds of chemicals such as joes juice and aiptasia x hope this helps.

#3 Ben Bonell

Ben Bonell

Trigger Fish

• 629 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

nothing really gets rid of them truly as they release spores when attacked. the only true way is to remove and kill of your rock.

#4 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,559 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

mhhh these look like aiptasia to me or glass anemones (same thing) lots of things to try livestock wise true peppermint shrimps , aip eating file fish ,copperband or a nudibranch there is also som,e kinds of chemicals such as joes juice and aiptasia x hope this helps.

As above,natural predators work well,the problem is that if you have a sump and they are in there too then they will always be able to reach the display tank so a predator is the best way to remove them as they re appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users