• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

Well its about time ive got about aweek till my tank comes ive been waiting for almost 3 month now so i just thought id let every one no whare im at regards this build. my current tanks about 3 an half months hold its a juwell 350 corner unit full to the brim of lps and soft corals with just 3 sps corals ive lost around 15 corals in the last 3 months in this tank its got a built in filter that just aint big enought for the amount of corals ive got. just after 2 weeks of buying this tank i was hooked and wanted to get a bigger tank so i orded a 90 / 30 /24 inch tank. ive got all the equipment i need for this tank apart from the plumbing ive gone all out and broke the bank the equipment goes as follows. pics will be shown when the tank gets here around the end of the month

deltic 2060 skimmer
deltic 601s calcium reactor
deltic fr 616 phosphate reactor
deltic nfr512 nitrate reactor
deltic auto top off
3x vortech mp40w es
aqua medic or6500 return
1x ecotech radion led
2x 400w halides
2x ghl full wheather simulation led sticks for sun set an sun rise along with the radion. storms as well
2x tmc aquaray 500 blues for night lights
2x 300w heaters
2x eheim 2000 compacs for auto water change
ghl profilux 3. with 3x level sensors. 2x ph 2x temp 1x redox 1x conductivaty 1x expantion box 2x 6 socket pab bars 1x ghl touch screen
automatic water change.

ive currently got around 130kg of live rock and around 70kg of home made live rock ive one large centre peice being around 40kg made with crushed oyster shells course coral gravel rock salt and portland white cement
i cant wait to get started .on this tank ive been waiting for what feels like for ever wont be long now.

thats about it for now ill be back in about 2 weeks to post my new tank all set up and goin threw it cycle

#2 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

That's quite a list of equipment,look forward to seeing the pictures and follow the tanks progress as it all comes together.

#3 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

im not happy

me tanks running late wont be here till the 31st just counting the days away at the moment

ill get around to posting some pics soon i plan to take aload wen the tank gets here and keep updating as i go along

#4 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hi Dale

Corals all safe till your ready m8 ,,cant wait to see your build so as soon as you get the tank start the pics rolling in m8

yours

jas
untitled.jpg

#5 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

As above,look forward to the tank build updates.

#6 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

MY TANKS HERE AT LONG LAST

#7 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Attached File  002.JPG   67.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  003.JPG   65.02KB   0 downloadsAttached File  004.JPG   65.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  005.JPG   77.39KB   0 downloadsAttached File  006.JPG   62.87KB   0 downloads

#8 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

WOW.
Impressive. Looking forward to the build

#9 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

MY tanks here at last

its been a hard day ive not managed to get out done due to having trouble getting all the right plumbing parts ive got 1 an half inch tank out let connectors and 1 an half inch pipes but im struddling to find parts to down size the pipes to fit my skimmers inlet and also my phosphates inlet. shorly i dont have to use flexy pipe to join them an make it look like a bodge job. ive been to a number of diffrent hardware stores WICKS. B&Q and also a few others and all with no look. im also having trouble finding somet to fit straight to my aqua medic 6500 return pump ive got 3/4 inch piping but the same problem with connecting it to the pump. does any one no of a part that fits the OR6500 an then to 3/4 in pvc pipe? and from 1 an half inch piping to the 2060 deltec skimmer inlet? and the 1 an half to the fr616 deltec phosphate reactor.

if any one can help please let me no CHEERS
ill post more pics when i finaly get thing plumbed up and cycling

#10 Twistedpro

Twistedpro

Tang

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Normally I use flexible pipe to make the joins as it reduces noise and vibration. Otherwise I tend to get my hard plumbing from coral culture

#11 lindsay

lindsay

Sponsor

• Members
  • 10,486 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Great looking tank,bet you cant waite to put it all together,keep updates coming.

#12 slash-halen

slash-halen

Firefish

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Lovely tank mate, can't wait to see this progress.

#13 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

now that looks like a fair bit of pocket money,hope youve held some back for some of the brother great corals :drool3:

#14 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

tanks getting there now its just over half way full with ro water ive got the ro unit running strsight into the tank its been running for 3 days now. ive got all the plumbing done well most of it ive plumbed my auto water change in ive run a pipe from out the sump under the cabinet then under the house then threw the out side wall to the drain ive also plumbed the ro waste pipe to this as well as the skimmers waste pipe so i can let the skimmer run wet and not have to worry about it over flowing. ive also at to plumb the skimmer in behined the wall behined the tank due to the out let on the skimmer being a good 5inch lower than the sumps glass and the skimmer is to tall to beable to higher it. lucky enought ive a little spare room under the stairs straight behined the tank im also keeping my 45g salt water tub in there as well for the auto water change using the ghl profilux along with the level sensors. ive also started cultavating photoplankton as well as brine shrimp and copepods ill be running a deltec dosing pump feeding all these as an wen needed. ive been a little worried about the support under the house as ive got about a 2ft gap under the hole house but luckily ive got 3 beams running lenth ways down the tank with 2 brick walls supporting them wich happen to run along each end of the tank so i can sleep easy knowing its not going to fall threw the floor. i should be up and running very soon with this tank ive been saving my water from my old tanks water changes to add a bit of mature water to this system to help it along its way. and as for stocking this tank well im well on the way there joson at jasonsaquatics has got 9 very nice acro collonies and 8 good sized frags ive already got 8 or 9 acros in my current tank along with a number of lps and soafties. as for fishes i havnt yet decided i no ill be having 3 or 4 regals as well as 3 or 4 yellow tangs at least 1 powder blue maybe 2 flame angels and also a queen angel im goin to try my luck with a clown trigger as well ive kept these lovely fish before and with any problems as long as i feed him enought. ill be getting a few working fish as well cleaner wrassers copperband a few 6 lines. in the near future i plan to plumb another tank to the system in the room behined the tank for more water volume so ill beable to stock more fish in the display tank. thats about it for now ill post some new pics soon with the progress so far

#15 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Pic's Pic's Dale, one thing we love here is to see a system start to take shape

Keep us posted with the progress Dale

jas
untitled.jpg

#16 daza

daza

Clown Fish

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Just a thought did you put a trap in your waste pipe not sure if you would need one but it sounds like it would be real difficult to put one in at a later date if you found out the smell was coming back through the waste.

#17 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

cheers for that

i should think smells would be a problem as i plan to skim wet pluss i also plan to have it set to do a small water change daily. i am planning to fit none return valves on the ro waste pipe and on the pipe feeding salt water to the sump because the salt barrals water level is higher than the sumps water ill fit i T pipe then a none return valve im hoping that wen the pump stops filling the sump because the hose has to go up and over the barrel i was worried about it gravity feeding bk to my sump so a T pipe with a none return valve fitted to it should let air into the pipe and stop it gravity feeding sump. as a bk up to the ro shut of valve fitted to the salt barrel ive plumbed an over flow pipe in wich is also plumbed to the waste pipe with a none return valve as well. im hoping all this will work i should think it will like. time will tell[attachment=1291:107.

#18 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

im unable to post any more pics ive only 4.27k left out of 500k. is there any think i could do? so i could post more pics as im along way off a finished tank let me no jas if im able to post more ive set my camra to the smallist size pics that it can take and thats the sizes that ive uploaded

#19 Joey

Joey

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Looking really good buddy :)
Also like all that equip you have got there and the size of that tank is very nice indeed

Posted Image

#20 dale7

dale7

Diatom

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

hi to all

well its been about 10 weeks since i set my tank up now. its been abit up and down i must say i was to quick to had fish wich set me back quiet a bit lost quiet a few fish as well due to buying 3 regal tangs wich gave white spot to all my other fish.
ive also had problems with nitrates and phosphates but im almost there now but to say ive had very high phosphates my old acros from my old tank have still be colouring up ill post a pic of the tank 4 weeks in then one at 10 weeks in. but then i need some one to tell me how to use photo bucket coz im unable to post any more pics. looks like i cant even add these pics its saying there to large or somet thats a shame ive just started to get a nice collection of acros as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users