• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

A few months back I bought a pair of pink skunk clowns. the plan was for them to host my red BTA. I put them in and I was pretty disappionted in them as the colours were very mute and they were aggressive little things and they didn't go near the anemone. I decided I would switch my daughters little FW tank over to salty stuff and put the clowns in there. So that's what I did today, got her tank ready for marines. I walked in to see my main tank and low and behold my clown was playing about in the rBTA!! Couldn't believe it. They look great in the anemone so I guess they are in my reef to stay now.

#2 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

PICS PICS PICS : )

#3 davemazey

davemazey

Mysis Shrimp

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

A few months back I bought a pair of pink skunk clowns. the plan was for them to host my red BTA. I put them in and I was pretty disappionted in them as the colours were very mute and they were aggressive little things and they didn't go near the anemone. I decided I would switch my daughters little FW tank over to salty stuff and put the clowns in there. So that's what I did today, got her tank ready for marines. I walked in to see my main tank and low and behold my clown was playing about in the rBTA!! Couldn't believe it. They look great in the anemone so I guess they are in my reef to stay now.

I put a pair of tomato clowns in my tank to host in a BTA, never went near it for months. Then i found the small clown in my xenia :sign_lol:
Eventually the other took to the BTA then a couple weeks after the male followed, took a very long time though, but worth the wait :D

#4 jason@jasonsaquatics

jason@jasonsaquatics

shark with HUGE teeth

• Administrators
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

LOL sorry jeff but i had to find that a little on the funny side lol

The big question is what you going to add to her tank now,,the way she took to the salt water in Villamendhoo in September me and Linda think she has earnt her own tank.
Linda said when we were over there that she coldnt get over how at ease the little one was in the sea

Keep us posted m8

Yours

jas
untitled.jpg

#5 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks Jas, she does love the water especially at water change time....water everywhere!
Think I will make her tank a little marine sytem but for local stuff so that we can go rockpooling together and get stuff that she can bring home. Think we will both enjoy that.... and it will be cheap to run. I'll use water from my reef so as to avoid algae problens and do 100% water change a week to keep it running nice. Rock pool life will adapt to that no worries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users