Photo

Jetstream 1 what device to feed it with?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

As above I'd love to hear peoples thoughts/experiences on the best equipment to feed these reactors?

I am forever unblocking my feed which is tee'd off of my return pump :angry: what a ball ache.

#2 karnivor

karnivor

Angelfish

• Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

IMO, you cant beat a Peristaltic pump for this job. Finding the right one is hard though, as most are either very flimsy or they are fixed speed. Quality variable speed ones cost an arm and a leg.

I'm currently building one, or at least building the drive electronics to a really nice one I got from China. I'm hoping to have it running within the next week, once all my components have arrived.

Tony.
Why do left-over nuts never match left-over bolts?

#3 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

I'd be interested in hearing and seeing more Tony, thanks for the reply

#4 Ben Bonell

Ben Bonell

Trigger Fish

• 613 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I use an industrial peri pump, it was for an automatic wash system within the dairy from our farm. It has a built in fan and can run 24/7 if needed.

I did fit a variable resistor into the circuit for flow, but use it on a timer now as well. 1 min off 1 on. Once my demand becomes more I will increase the on time.
I've had it for about 2 years ish and it still runs like a dream.

I'm getting about 110ml per min but this is feeding a jetstream 2.

#5 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

I'm running a peri pump too. Mine is variable and can be run 24 7. Cost about 160 I think. CA reactos ideally need stable flow rates to keep the ph in the chamber stable. Peri's are the best solution.

#6 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm running a peri pump too. Mine is variable and can be run 24 7. Cost about 160 I think. CA reactos ideally need stable flow rates to keep the ph in the chamber stable. Peri's are the best solution.

Blacktip can you give details of the brand and model number?

#7 Blacktip

Blacktip

Trigger Fish

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Dojo,

Check these guys out. Cant remember the model. These are the guys that make them for deltec. In there opinion, and they make the things, the deltec pump isn't fit for purpose. The new one that Williamsons do is great. Only draw back is no casing. As far as I know they dont sell this pump to anyone as it would be too expensive if there was a middle man. These guys dont normally sell to the piblic but if you tell them what it is for they should sell direct to you. If you have any problsms let me know and i'll talk to them.

www.williamsonpumps.co.uk

#8 dojo

dojo

Tang

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Dojo,

Check these guys out. Cant remember the model. These are the guys that make them for deltec. In there opinion, and they make the things, the deltec pump isn't fit for purpose. The new one that Williamsons do is great. Only draw back is no casing. As far as I know they dont sell this pump to anyone as it would be too expensive if there was a middle man. These guys dont normally sell to the piblic but if you tell them what it is for they should sell direct to you. If you have any problsms let me know and i'll talk to them.

www.williamsonpumps.co.uk

Blacktip,

Do you have the exact details (make, model ect) of the pump you have? do you get any problems with it? can you alter the output ml/per min? did you need to get any extras or is it just plug and play and of coarse how much does it cost? thanks Dojo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users